Saturday 18 December 2010

Snowbound.


Things to do when snowbound:

1. Watch films on your Sky Plus box. I watched Woody Allen's Another Woman (where did that come from? What a great movie! I want Gena Rowlands as dinner party guest now … she's still alive, right?) and The Wackness (less great … steeped in nostalgia and weed, in a bad way. Also, I did want to take a razor to [Sir] Ben Kinglsey's itchy scratchy goatee beard).
2. Clean the flat. I managed a bit of the kitchen. By a bit, I mean washing three or four glass tumblers up. And a plate.
3. Watch more stuff on the Sky Plus box. Rupert Goold's Macbeth proved too much of a faltering high-wire act between theatre, TV and film for me. Although Patrick Stewart broods up there with the best of them.
4. Then, at 6pm, realize you haven't done anything all day apart from sit around in your pants (and dressing gown, 'cos it's well cold innit) and furiously make yourself busy until your boyfriend comes back.
5. Furiously write a blog entry and finish that washing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment